Why is pizza one of the best selling foods in the world? BECAUSE ITS AWESOME.
Want to know the history of pizza?
It Comes In Various Ways
||What it is
|Regular round pizza
||A dish of Italian origin, consisting of a flat round base of dough baked with a topping of tomatoes and cheese, typically with added meat, fish, or vegetables
||a type of turnover filled with various cheeses (typically mozzarella) and Italian meats (such as salami, capocollo and bresaola) or vegetables. The dough used is either Italian bread dough or pizza dough.
||are a calzone-type snack, Like other foods of this type, they are sold cooked but frozen. They can be reheated in a microwave oven, but they may also be cooked in a regular oven.
Heres how to make a regular round pizza
- 153 grams 00 flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 153 grams all-purpose flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons)
- 8 grams fine sea salt (1 teaspoon)
- 2 grams active dry yeast (3/4 teaspoon)
- 4 grams extra-virgin olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- 1.In a large mixing bowl, combine flours and salt.
- 2.In a small mixing bowl, stir together 200 grams (a little less than 1 cup) lukewarm tap water, the yeast and the olive oil, then pour it into flour mixture. Knead with your hands until well combined, approximately 3 minutes, then let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- 3.Knead rested dough for 3 minutes. Cut into 2 equal pieces and shape each into a ball. Place on a heavily floured surface, cover with dampened cloth, and let rest and rise for 3 to 4 hours at room temperature or for 8 to 24 hours in the refrigerator. (If you refrigerate the dough, remove it 30 to 45 minutes before you begin to shape it for pizza.)
- 4.To make pizza, place each dough ball on a heavily floured surface and use your fingers to stretch it, then your hands to shape it into rounds or squares. Top and bake.